West Midlands Excellence Conference 2012
The 14th West Midlands Public Health Excellence Conference 2012.
This event is accredited with 5 hours' CPD.
||Tuesday, 24th April 2012|
||The Holte Suite, Aston Villa Football Club|
||This will be the final opportunity for such a wide and diverse congregation of public health professionals from across the region to gather from within their current organisations. The aim is to ensure the event provides an opportunity to showcase innovation and improvement, as well as considering the next stage in public health in England.|
|Presentations from the Day
Masterclass 3 - Hunter Room
- Professor Phil Hanlon, Professor of Public Health, University of Glasgow.
- Martin Reeves, Chief Executive, Coventry City Council/ President Elect, Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (SOLACE) wef Autumn 2012
||See the latest programme|
||The choice of masterclasses that will be available during both the morning and afternoon sessions have now been finalised.
- Healthy Housing & Homelessness Prevention: local approaches to integrated working
- Healthy Urban Development and Design
- Assets Based Approach: unlocking the potential of the community
- Reaching Out for Better Health: A community learning exchange programme between the USA and the Midlands
- Specialist Registrars’ Session: Going Local – public health training opportunities – from PCTs to local government
- Health & Wellbeing at Work
- Health Protection & Local Government
- Local Approaches to Public Health Transition and Transformation – creating the future vision for public health in local government
- Data Warehouses: industrial scale opportunities for public health
- The Case for Social Media
For further details please see the Schedule of Masterclasses.
|Public Health Awards
||Amidst the current changes to public health we think it is more important than ever that we recognise examples of excellent achievements in the field. This year we are holding a Public Health Awards ceremony during the conference. If you or your organisation would like to enter the awards then please complete the attached application form. Applications need to be submitted by Friday, 16 March.|
||List of posters displayed at the conference|
||For those unable to attend the conference there will be an opportunity to participate virtually. An account has been set up which will trail information and provide a forum for sharing and discussing issues up until the conference date.
To participate via Twitter on the day of the conference:-
- register an account with Twitter
- follow @WMPHexcellence profile and the #wmphexcellence hashtag of the conference. The Twitter forum will be projected live during the day enabling those unable to attend to participate and ask questions etc
||Please register by Wednesday, 11th April at the latest using online registration form.|